How much will a new asphalt shingle roof cost?
Average Cost to Install a New Asphalt Shingle Roof in Central Missouri
The average cost to install a new asphalt shingle roof in Central Missouri is between $10,000 to $15,000 depending on several factors like the size of the roof, the shingles chosen, the pitch and complexity of the roof, and whether it’s a brand new roof or a roof replacement. As a general rule, you can expect to pay between $340 and $590 per square for your new asphalt shingle roof.
How Roof Size Impacts Installation Cost
Because roofing materials are measured and sold by the square, the size of your roof will be one of the most impactful factors in determining the cost of the roof. When you contact Royal Roofing & Solar in Central Missouri for a free inspection you can count on precise and accurate measurements of your roof to give you the best pricing possible. With some simple math, though, you can find out roughly how big your roof is. Divide the square footage of your home’s footprint by 100 to find out the approximate squares in your roof, then check out the following ranges to get a ballpark estimate for the cost of your new shingle roof.
- 10 square roof: $3,400 to $5,900
- 15 square roof: $5,100 to $8,850
- 20 square roof: $6,800 to $11,800
- 25 square roof: $8,500 to $14,750
- 30 square roof: $10,200 to $17,700
- 35 square roof: $11,900 to $20,650
Other Factors That Impact Asphalt Shingle Roof Installation Cost in Central Missouri
While the size of your roof is extremely relevant to the cost calculations for a new installation, there are several other important considerations your roof will make. Some, like the shingles chosen or whether the roof is a new installation or replacement, stand-alone from the size of the roof. Others, like the pitch and the complexity of the roof, will have a direct effect on the size of the roof, thereby affecting the cost.
It goes without saying that quality impacts cost. Asphalt shingles are no exception to this rule – premium shingle choices will inevitably come at a higher price per square which will ultimately increase the cost of your new roof.
- Three-Tab Shingles: Three-tab shingles are named for their appearance of having three, uniform tabs. These are by far the most affordable asphalt shingle option and are an excellent choice for property owners who are looking for a less-expensive, more temporary solution because they do have a much shorter lifespan than other shingles.
- Architectural Shingles: Architectural shingles are the go-to asphalt shingle roof choice for Central Missouri homeowners. They offer the perfect balance of style, durability, and affordability with options to suit most budgets.
- Luxury Shingles: Are you looking for a luxury roof without the matching price tag? Luxury asphalt shingles can give you what you want! These shingles are designed to mimic the look of more expensive roofing systems like cedar and slate at a fraction of the cost. Take heed, though, while they aren’t nearly as expensive as the materials they emulate, they are much more expensive than other shingle options.
New Installation or Replacement
Whether your roof is being installed on a brand new home or you’re replacing an old roof can have a big impact on the cost of the roof. When replacing an old roof, there will be additional costs associated with the removal and disposal of old materials – not to mention any repairs that may need to be made before the new roof can be installed!
Pitch of Roof
Roof pitch refers to how steep the roof is and can be very impactful to the size of the roof. As a general rule, as the pitch of your roof gets bigger, or steeper, the surface area of the roof will increase. This means roofs with a higher pitch will generally be more expensive.
Complexity of Roof
Like pitch, the complexity of the roof can impact the size of the roof. Complexity will account for things like the shape and style of your roof, if there are multiple peaks and valleys, and the presence of chimneys, vents, skylights, and the like. Very complex roofs will likely need more materials and will also require more labor to install.
Are you ready to get a new asphalt single roof on your Central Missouri home? Call Royal Roofing & Solar, today, to discuss the many options we can offer and schedule your free inspection!