You got the roof inspection and it was determined that your roof needed replacing. Now the numbers have been agreed upon, contracts are signed, and you are officially on the schedule!
Here’s a little peak into how the process typically goes for each homeowner.
A few days or a week leading up to installation day
- A dumpster might be delivered to your home one to two days before the new roof installation starts.
- The delivery of the new asphalt shingles will arrive a few days before the start of the roofing project (these could be placed on your roof or in your driveway).
General – Roof Installation
- If you have any pets, you might want to get in touch with your salesperson to see if they need to be locked up for the roof installation.
- Take appropriate measures to protect any valuable items in your garden, i.e. statues, planters, etc.
- Make sure gates are either left open for the roofing contractors or ask that they close the gates behind them at all times.
- If there are special requests, make sure you let the person in charge know about those in advance.
Final day/finishing up on the job
- The roofers will take your old shingles, and any other trash or supplies to clean everything up.
- Then they will do a final sweep of your yard for loose nails and any other debris they may have missed.
After your new roof has been installed
- Your salesperson will then set up a time to come to your house to do a general review and collect the final payment.
- If you purchased a roofing system warranty through us, we will register your warranty directly with Owens Corning Roofing. If not, you can go to the warranty page on Owens Corning Roofing’s website to register your standard warranty.